If you are going to try the controversial HCG diet method, it is important that you come up with healthy and tasty ways to prepare the foods that you are permitted to eat. A diet is only effective as long as you are able to keep up with it, and preparing tasty food that is attractive is one of the best ways to enjoy your diet.
The recipes that you are allowed to prepare involve no more than 500 calories of food consumed every day, which does limit the different meals that you can prepare. There are a number of excellent recipes that you can find in cookbooks like The Joy of Cooking that take advantage of healthy ingredients to prepare tasty meals. Excellent websites, such as Allrecipes.com, are also full of recipes that use healthy ingredients but turn out excellent.
When you have such a limited amount of food that you can eat, it is important to combine the food that you can to ensure that you feel fuller after eating. You can find traditional recipes and alter them to suit your dietary needs. Here are a few recipes that you can use to make your food more enjoyable:
– Combine lean chicken with a number of vegetables to make a healthy chicken soup. Not only will it be incredibly tasty, but the nutrients that fill the boiled water will be more than sufficient to keep your body healthy. The fact that it is mainly water means that you can eat a lot of it and still remain within your calorie limits.
– Make a fish dish with tomatoes, zucchini, and carrots baked together with fish wrapped in tin foil. Toss a clove of garlic and a sprig of parsley in the tin foil, along with a dash of salt and pepper and a lemon wedge to add plenty of flavor.
– Create a healthy vegetarian ratatouille by baking sliced tomatoes and zucchinis together in a vegetarian version of the popular French recipe.
– Rather than lusting after apple pie or some kind of sugary dessert, serve yourself a dose of homemade applesauce. Let the apples simmer in a pan with a dash of lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon to create a perfect dessert that still falls within the limits of your diet.
– Make kebabs using lean meat and chicken, and spear vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, cabbage, and carrots to create healthy vegetarian kebabs
– Rather than missing a meaty barbecue, toss a slice of fish on the grill with any kind of vegetable that you want.
These are just a few recipes that you can use to help yourself create meals that will keep you in the straight and narrow in regards to your diet. It is important that you try your best to keep cooking for yourself and making food that is appetizing and tasty, as that is the only way that you will keep to your diet.
Crack open a cookbook, visit a recipe website, or Google some vegetarian recipes. Try your hand at experimenting with different foods, and you may just find out that you enjoy the limited diet that you are following.